Balandra Beach, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
White sandy, secluded, quite and clean. Balandra beach is one-of-a-kind. Explore the surrounding unique rock formations. Without doubt, one of the most beautiful beaches in Mexico.
What To Do & Explore
- “Mushroom rock“. A ten minutes walk north from the main beach. It’s a reconstruction from the original one, since some tourists climbed and broke it few years ago. There’s good snorkel around that area. Keep walking for 5 minutes to reach an empty beach and more mushroom-like rocks.
- Kayak / Paddle board. For rental on the beach.
- Walk half way across the bay in shallow crystal waters. Specially at low tide, the water never seems to cover you.
- Hike around the surrounding hills. Admire the dry landscape meeting turquoise waters.
TIP! Balandra is becoming a popular destination. Go early to avoid crowds!
How To Get To Balandra Beach
- By bus. Autotransportes Aguila has daily buses departing from Malecon Bus Terminal. It takes 40 minutes and it costs 100 MXN (4.7 USD) for the round trip.
- La Paz to Balandra – 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:30, 15:30, 17:00 and 18:00.
- Balandra to La Paz – 10:45, 11:45, 12:45, 14:15, 16:15, 17:45 and 18:45.
Where To Stay In La Paz
Seven Crown La Paz Centro has both style and comfort. It is nicely furnished, with a modern design. It is located just a few blocks from the Malecon, but far enough to be quiet and paceful. Rooms are adequately sized, very clean, with comfortable beds and a large shower. The pool is a bit cold, but spotless. Free coffee and bottled waters are provided. The staff is very kind and helpful.
- Bring food and snacks, since there are no restaurants and hotels. Take your trash.
- Don’t forget your sunblock, sunglasses, or a hat. There’s not much shade.
- Currency: Mexican Peso – 1 USD ~ 20 MXN
- Travel Guide: Lonely Planet Mexico